Re: Problems with wincfg

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 11:09 -0500, dimesio wrote:
> David Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Do you know where to find this list - or better, which one contains wineboot.exe .
> >
> > Clearly the downside to spitting wine into many packages, is that it is messy to completely reinstall.
>
> Shouldn't your package manager be able to tell you what's available? I don't use Fedora, so I can't tell you the exact command.

This does it:

	yum list 'wine*'

> Wine would have to be actually running show an error message, and by
> then the damage is already done.

Wine does some stuff rather later than you'd expect. For instance,
it doesn't seem to respond to "wine --version" without first creating a
prefix, which rather goes against the UNIX philosophy: a program should
always respond to the command line -?/--help, -v/--version options and
report any invalid arguments and options before it does anything else.

Martin