Re: Problems with wincfg

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-8b89c928ce782c014b8b312469223296093e1484

> 4)     When I clicked on the Drives tab, I got the message: Failed to connect to the mount manager.

Sounds like you didn't install all the necessary 32 bit parts of Wine. I believe Fedora splits Wine into lots of different packages; make sure you have all the ones you need.

> Also, if wine is not to be used as super user, why doesn't it check for that eventuality and stop with an error message before any damage is done?

It's not recommended, but ultimately it's the user's choice.