Did work home server software ethernet hardware and wine

Hi friends,

sorry for my english, it's school knowhow!

 I'll build a backup server in the moment. The next will be to upgrade the backup server to the home server, because the server works nearly 24h per day and 7 days per week. I found a excellent hardware gate (ethernet connection) between home server software and the adapted hardware now. The producer is contronics. But the software is written for Windows and i will build my server with Debian or Ubuntu as OS. NOw my question.

Is it possible to get ethernet connections between the Windows software and the hardware gate, and how I must configure it??

Thanks for your ideas!

Andreas