Re: Running Praetorians with Wine 1.3.28

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM, tabatha <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been trying to load Praetorians. So far I have managed to get the game to install from CD but when it comes to playing,
> I just get a message saying can't locate the CD please insert etc etc.
>
> Anyone offer any help or have any other advice for this game?
> (using wine 1.3.28)

First, upgrade Wine to at least 1.4.  The 1.3.x series is not supported.

Second, look at the Applications Database for hints on how to get this
game to run.

This looks like a protection scheme to read the CD for information and
then allow the game to run.

James