Wine Win16 support in 1.2+ releases

Hi there. Last year I was using Wine 1.2 and 1.3 versions under Linux Mint 11 Katya tyo run an the old Maxis SimFarm. It was able to run but would freeze up after a few hours. Also I noticed there was no sound for the game. I Also ran some Win32 apps, some of which had sound and they had no problems at all. Is the support for Win16 apps not being maintained any more?

Currently I am in the middle of migrating over to Slackware 13.37. My Linux Mint installation became unstable due to some kind of a file read access problem that eventually resulted in the system being unusable. I backed the system up when the problem became apparent and will restore certain items into Slackware as needed. I figured that if I am going to have to wipe the partition and reinstall, I'd might as well try another distro mainly to allow me to use a Desktop environment that was lighter than Gnome is. So when I get to using Wine under Slackware will the Win16 be an issue again? Just in case it matters, my PC is an old Dell Latitude D400 with I852GM graphics.