AlienAssault gameplay sluggish

Wine 1.4
Ubuntu 11.10 32bit

Problem: sluggish running of program AlienAssault (http://www.teardown.se/index.html)

Hi,

I have just started to use Wine. Above program is working without probelms, but game play is really sluggish. Could the problem be OpenGL? I tried to look for something from google, but could not solve the problem.

I have noticed that in Wine configuration in Graphics I do not have Direct3D option available. Could this be the problem? What should I do to install graphics drivers, or something. OpenGL and graphics are working OK in Ubuntu.

AlienAssault do not need installing. It is ready to run after unzipping. Am I doing something wrong in Wine?