msvcp80.dll doesn't work

Error file begins:

Unhandled exception: unimplemented function msvcp80.dll.??0?$basic_ifstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@PAU_iobuf@@@Z called in 32-bit code (0x7b83aa52).

I downloaded a new copy of this and placed it in the /fakedlls dirctory, where it replaced what was there, but it still doesn't work. The site I d/l'd the file from gave the impression that there is a lot of trouble with this dll, even in Windows.

Trying to run Sonnet Lite  (Sonnet 13.55) but cannot due to this dll.

Suggestions?

--doug