Cannot Connect to Authentication Server - Mass Effect 1

So I bought ME1 off amazon and DL/Install went fine using Wine on my Macbook Pro with 10.6.8.

The 'launcher' for the game opens and when I click Play a message appears saying that it couldn't reach the authentication server and that I need to check my internet connection. The version of internet explorer that came pre-installed with Wine seems to be able to connect to the internet although it won't go to any webpages outside of the Wine Forums, FAQ and stuff.

I've disabled the OSX Firewall and it still doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP :)!!!