Re: Wine vs. Office 97 and Printer

Benilton de Sa Carvalho wrote:
no, the suggestion is to run 'regedit winedefault.reg' which is in the

Sorry, I typed wrong... I ran 'regedit winedefault.reg' .

What should I do? None of the apps in wine (even notepad) prints and
always says that I don't have any printer installed (but it shows my
printers on the printers combo box).

Some times the printing in Wine gets mucked up, and can be fixed by manually deleting printing entries in a couple of Wine files. This assumes that you can print from Linux with CUPS, and that Wine was compiled with CUPS support.

Make sure to make a backup copy of these files before editing.

In the file windows/win.ini, delete the printer entries in the [devices]
and [windows] sections, but leave the headings.

In the ~/.wine/system.reg file, delete the entire sections, including headers, that begin:
[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers\\

Save the files, and then start any Wine program, and select print setup.
The CUPS printers should get configured.