dont understand this error message

I'm really really new to this, so if this is a common stupid mistake just point me in the right direction.

I'm running RedHat 9 and I first tried installation through the RPM and when I tried to run wine in a terminal I got the following error:

wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-spyderusa11/server-306-403c5 : No such file or directory

So I figured I figured I would uninstall the RPM and just compile the source. After going through all the compilation and right up to the point where it says "Installing default Wine registry entries..." it gave me the same error and said "Registry install failed." and I guess aborted the rest of the installation. If anyone could help out, I would appreciate it.

Mike
spyderusa11@hotmail.com