Re: Can't get GTA San Andreas to work on Linux

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:29 AM, StylezZxDmg <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem. I also use an Intel Grafic. The screen he posted is exactly the same as by me. But I
> don't know how to solve this. I allready was in the AppDB.

The problem might lie not with Wine, but with the poor quality drivers
and the inability of Intel graphics systems to support 3D actions in
Linux.  If you can, suggestions are being made to install a late model
nVidia graphics card and to disable the Intel graphics built-ins.  If
you are on a laptop/netbook, you are basically 'stuck' until Intel
improves the quality of their Linux drivers or an open-source team
builds better ones.

James