Re: Trying translations with make, encoding worng

kataja wrote:
> I have installed before the apt-get Wine and that's why I didn't make install.

Mixing installed and compiled from source Wine is not recommended. Yes it does work, but you might have some issues if things are not done correctly. You will be better off removing installed binary Wine package. It won't affect anything.

To properly compile Wine you need lots of dependencies. See output of ./configure for any indications that you missing something. Also check this page: http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages