Re: Wine and pulse audio

Using ALSA or OSS instead of PulseAudio is not actual at all. Its si much problems using ALSA and OSS with duplex sound thru wine and native linux-apllications.

And problems comes when trying to use things like mumble and playing a game with wine.

The pulseaudio-patch which was added for Wine versions up to 1.3.28 (not official i think), has been working just perfect.

I tried 1.3.34 which should be patched, but it can't find the pulsedrivers, so I need to downgrade back to 1.3.28 with patch.

Even if this is considered "buggy", I would rather have them included as "experimental" or whatever. I think it's better to include choices rather than just removing them..

PulseAudio is the only sound server which is working properly in linux, and which is easy to configure.