Re: Cannot find 'MFC42.DLL' - Problems installing Windows app

On Dec 6, 2011, at 9:04 AM, grace_lao wrote:

> Thanks for that information, John. I installed cabextract, but I'm still having trouble installing the .dll.
>
> ($) sh winetricks mfc42
> Executing w_do_call mfc42
> Executing load_mfc42
> Executing cabextract -q /Users/---------/Library/Caches/winetricks/vcrun6/vcredist.exe -d /Users/---------/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32 -F mfc42*.dll
> dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Ah, you're on a Mac. What version of Mac OS are you running? It looks like it's too old to run the cabextract binary you found--another way of putting this is that the cabextract binary is too new to be run on your Mac OS. You might try building and installing cabextract yourself.

Chip