Re: Win InstallShield Error

K. So far , so good.

I've just tried the current release of Codeweavers wine-release (aka "Crossover Office"), installed dcom95(!) as suggested by the setup
routine and was able to do a couple of installs .

This is not an explanation for what went wrong, but at least a workaround for people who just like to get it going.

The installer works flawlessly even on RH 9, and the demo-download from Codeweavers website, which was currently turned off, is back on.
The installer puts the fake windows and the c:/ in unusual locations, do an updatedb after you've finished and locate where your stuff went.
Add /opt/cxoffice/bin to your $PATH to call wine from elsewhere, some Win-Apps do not show up in the Launcher.

I'm still stuck with my DV-stuff, but this is at least a kind of result...

If i hadn't been desperated, i'd never tried their stuff :-), but it looks pretty good and is surely worth buying for anyone who is short of time and just wants to use the stuff.

/Michael

phrostie wrote:

i tried running the wine setup.exe as root (against my better judgement) and it made it a few more lines in the text console then locked up anyway.

nothing impressive.