Re: Wine and RedHat 9

Gorgeus090581@netscape.net wrote:

phil_wo@gmx.net wrote:

Hello!

./configure (and a 2nd time I did : --with-ntpd)

Did you really use --with-ntpd or was this a typo in your mail? It should
be --with-nptl ...

make depend
make

order and it seemed to work. (Wine build complete) Now however, I can't
just start winesetup or wine like I was used to. Do I have to start it
from some other directory. Where did it compile ?

You should either call "make install" to finally copy the compiled binaries
and libs to the appropriate directories in your filesystem or just use the
installer script wineinstall:

cd ~/wine (if you've unpacked the wine-source somewhere else you have to
change this command)
./tools/wineinstall (this calls the installer-script, which asks some
questions and then automatically compiles, installs and configures wine. You
may still have to adjust your ~/.wine/config file, to enter some personal
preferences ...)

Note: I don't know if wineinstall uses --with-nptl at the moment - but as
you've configured manually before, it should detect this and just skip the
configure step. Or just edit the file and change the configure-args (it's in
the first few lines under the version history at the beginning of the file).

Good luck,
Philipp Wollermann

Thanks for you reply. I now can execute wine again. I got an error message first, but after using this tip, I found at another forum :

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

wine runs. However, now I get :

fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Unknown directory 15 ignored
err:module:get_registry_value Invalid load order module-type L"so", ignored
Xlib: No protocol specified
x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0

when I try to start a program. I also can't call winesetup.

I'm one step further, please help one more time !

George

Oops, this was my firewall. Should turn it off.

Thanks for you help !! I got wine running again !

George