Handling conflicting keyboard shortcuts

Sorry if this is common knowledge.  I'm pretty new to Wine, and have been
working on getting Visual Foxpro working in it.

One problem is conflicting keyboard shortcuts between Windows/VFP and
XWindows.  For instance, Ctrl+F4 to close a window.  This keystroke gets
intercepted by my window manager which throws me to desktop 4.  VFP uses
Ctrl+F2 to activate the command window, but again, my window manager
intercepts this and puts me on desktop 2.

There are lots of other examples.  I know I can make different key mappings
in XWindows, but is there a strategy to handle this in Wine?  A Config file
option perhaps?

Thanks!

--
Paul McNett - p@ulmcnett.com