Re: Quicken - Registration wants Internet Explorer

Mark Knecht wrote:
Hi,
   I'm running Quicken 2001 Deluxe successfully under current CVS. The
only issue I have is that every time I go to download stock quotes
online, Quicken wants me to register the product, and to do this
attempts to open Internet Explorer. It can't find IE, so it just sits
there waiting. I eventually close the window, get a warning message from
Quick, and then proceed to download quotes. It works, but it's kludgey.

   Does anyone have a way around this? Due to numerous warnings on Wine
sites I'm not anxious to load IE at all.
Warnings? Well, IE kind of works under Wine, though IE6 requires several Windows native DLLs for me. But I guess then the question becomes whether you want it to instead pop up IE6 everytime you go to download stock quotes.

I guess what I mean is, what is you want to fix?