Re: Help!!! - New Wine - now my apps don't work

Mark Knecht wrote:

Hello,
I have been running a recent CVS version of Wine for about 2 weeks
successfully. However, it was a 'no Windows' installation and I have
some app bugs that have shown up, so I wanted to try an installation
where it could use my Win ME partitions to run better. I installed that
this morning. Now my installed Quicken no longer works.

Also, I see that the .wine/config file points to /WINDOWS/C_Drive and
no longer points to /home/mark/c, meaning it's possibly looking at the
wrong registry or something?

Please help me understand how to get this fixed.

To the bes of my knowledge wine works better with no windows than it does with windows xp/me. In fact this is a FAQ. http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-faq/t1.shtml#IF-I-USE-WINDOWS-WHICH-ONE-WORKS-BEST

As far as the password box not showing up it might help if you modified your ~/.wine/config file so that the app defaults for quicken used desktop mode insted of manage. Section 4.1.2.12 of the following link explains how to do this http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/configuring.shtml

I triage the bugzilla database and I do not recall seeing this bug regarding quicken so I think it would be safe to submit it.

--

Tony Lambregts