Wine Install Question - "Registry install failed."

Hello,
   First message here. I've run Wine just a little bit on another machine,
but am running Quicken 2001 Deluxe happily. (Or almost so...)

   I'm attempting to set a new version of Wine up in the office in an
attempt to move some of us here away from Windows, or at least try to. I've
installed a 12/17/02 CVS download in /source/wine and built it using
./tools/wineinstall.

   At the end of the install it then goes to build my user directories, but
appears to fail at the very end. Is this message normal? ("Registry install
failed.") That looks a little serious. Possibly I've missed some
installation instructions. /mnt/fd0 and /cdrom are not standard directories
under Redhat 7.3, but I could create them and appropriate fstab entries if
required. However, maybe there's some configuration file somewhere to fine
tune that before I run wineinstall?

   Anyway, I hope someone can shed a bit of light on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Mark

<SNIP>
Where would you like your fake C drive to be placed?
(default is /home/mark/c)
Configuring Wine for a no-windows install in /home/mark/c...

Created /home/mark/.wine/config using default Wine configuration.
You probably want to review the file, though.

Compiling regedit...
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
Installing default Wine registry entries...

Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /source/wine; starting in windows directory.
/source/wine/miscemu/wine: cannot find 'programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so'
Registry install failed.

[mark@hindemith wine]$
<SNIP>