Re: winmm test extension

Francois Gouget wrote:
This test extends the winmm test and makes it possible to play actual sound. Of course the test will not do that unless you specifically ask for it:
* I doubt anyone would be happy to do 'make test' in Wine's main directory and to get annoying long beeps comming out of their computer
* tests are usually run unattended and there is not much point playing the sounds if no-one listens to them to make sure they got played correctly.

So what does it do?
For each supported format it plays the international 'LA', i.e. a 440Hz sinusoid. It is expected that on some sound cards and for some formats the signal will have to be converted from 8 to 16 bit or from mono to stereo, or even resampled. Normally this should not affect the sound being played so you should keep hearing the same tone. If that's not the case then something went wrong during th
I may have a counterexample.  The patch I submitted recently was
to fix a hang in playing sound.  So if you add a timeout to
your test, it would at least verify that sounds played in
the proper amount of time, and didn't hang wine.

- Dan