Re: Installation of IE or Office under wine in linux

Why do you ask instead of trying it out?

I installed Office 2000 with minor issues (wine CVS version). IE installed,
but does not run.

Office installation could not write Office shortcut's, and I needed to set one
dll to native in .wine/config :

cabinet.dll = "native, builtin"

I can run Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Printing works, some crashes
but at least I can edit some simple documents.

Try it out yourself, discuss on winehq irc channel, send bug reports if you
find bugs...

Best Regards,

Tapio Kautto