Re: half-life wine install running SLOW and no internet connection

Thanx,

I got that after running winecheck. I am still missing a few things though,
I don't know if you are familiar with wine check but it suggests :

Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries... CRITICAL (entry "SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found in system.reg registry file).
- ADVICE: file winedefault.reg, the most basic wine registry environment, doesn't seem to have been applied using regapi.
026. Checking availability of windows registry entries... NOTICE (entry "Default Taskbar"
not found).
- ADVICE: A Windows registry does not seem to have been added to Wine as this typical Windows registry entry does not exist in Wine's registry. A complete original Windows registry entry set will *not* be available with a no-windows install. Usually this will present no problem in running applications although this can affect newer programs.

I haven't worked with Registry in anyway can anyone give me a basic step -by- step?

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

To make these messages disappear,
search "Drive A" in the config file and change the line "Path" = "/mnt/fd0"
to the path where you mount floppies, usually for RedHat :
"Path" = "/mnt/floppy"

connect I get "Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:process:CreateProcessA (C:\Program Files\Sierra On-Line\SIGSPAT.EXE,...):
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive
A:"

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle@users.sourceforge.net Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus in Matrix, chapter 15.