Re: New to Wine (halflife upgrade fales)

From: mike <rawfam@lvcm.com>
This is a total newbe mistake I'm sure but I'm stumped. I have installed: wine-20020605-2.i386.rpm wine-devel-20020605-2.i386.rpm
in redhat 8.0
You'd be better off with a newer version, this one is getting kind of dated.

These are the errors:
err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file for the >Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
Here is your main problem, you need to edit your .wine/config file to add a WinMM section that should look like this:

[WinMM]
"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

Chris Berry
compjma@hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."