Re: Kazaa lite and mandrake 9

Rick Romero wrote:

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 10:16, John Allman wrote:

I can think of two possible reasons it wont work. One is that my system (mandrake 9) is a gcc3 system and there's some sort of funny system call or something *shrug*. The second is that i installed windows 98 as far as the first reboot and then stopped it. perhaps this is causing the problem? Unfortunately it wont boot here in work as it needs the via 4in1 drivers for my motherboard. I'll bring the hard drive home this weekend and should be able to get it to boot at home (although there are complications with that too...) and finish the install process. I thought the install was all done and there was only configuration left.

I use Mandrake 9, but unfortunately don't have the time to test it right
now. I don't think the GCC issues would affect you, but I don't think
it would hurt to use the RPM version instead, and get the debugger up. Are you using 'fake windows', or trying to share an existing Windows
install? I think Frank's info is referring to a fake install, but
copying over Windows DLL's.

I installed windows 98 frankly just to get this working, so i guess you'd say i'm trying to share an existing Windows install. I posted the debugger information from the mandrake 9 rpm in an earlier post, hideous and incomprehensible as it was to me.

I really appreciate the effort you've gone to to help me and i'm more than happy to try anything to get this working!

I hate not getting stuff working.. If I get a chance this weekend I'll
install Mandrake 9 at home (which I want to anyways, but never got
around to).. and see how far I get.

Rick

That would be fantastic! If you do please let me know how you get on. This is infuriating. I love my new mandrake 9 install and really want to use kazaa lite with it now that we've just got an adsl line in. I hopefully will be able to finish the win98 install this weekend and i'll let you know if it makes a difference. I have a sneaky suspicion this problem is related to ie. maybe it didn't get fully installed?

thanks

John