Sizzlin' Topics and a great Recipe

Chef2Chef Home PageHome | Recipes | MarketPlace | Foodservice | TOP100
SIZZLIN' Topics! Community Forums | Jobs | Map
If you have received this newsletter in error, please CLICK HERE

Mid June 2002 Newsletter

Join Cynthia for a week of "Crazy Kid Recipes"
Site of the Month, The Wine Tool
Look what you can WIN this month at Chef2Chef!
In Focus: Chefs in Business for Chefs
Technology: Links to the World
Is you Site listed in our Culinary Directory?
The ALL NEW Search Cockpit
The Market Place
Recipe: Herbed Fried Chicken

Our Last Newsletter

Access our last issue HERE

Chefs of the Month, Ben and Karen Barker
2nd Annual Bertolli Sous Chef Award Winners
A search for Duck won't return a link to Disneyland®
The ALL NEW Chef2Chef Search Cockpit
The remarkable success story of Tammy Craddock
Visit our New Vendors in the Market Place
King for a Day! Father's Day is coming
Prize and Book Winners from May
Recipe: Chilled Rigatoni Salad

Join Cynthia Bowan for a week of "Crazy Kid Recipes" in our Recipe Club!

Cynthia Bowan shares some fun kids' recipes with us. Perfect timing as school is letting out around the country and the kids need something to do and you need something to do with them! So round up the kids this week and have some fun, or if the family next door has kids that you'd like to see go inside, share these recipes with them!

Dinner Plans E-mailed Daily! Ready-to-go Shopping list! Each week, we offer a new host and theme of the week! Sign Up Today! The Recipe Club is FREE!

The Wine Tool gets our nod for the "Site of the Month" for June

The Wine Tool site provides wine terminology and wine reviews of affordable, highly available wines based on taste and value. They also feature a "Winery of the Month" and have a recipe section with wines that will accompany them.

Of Special interest to our panel was the "Wine 101" section on the site. It's an introductory course for keeping up with "Wine Snobs". Four basic and informative lessons including Wine Vocabulary, Grape Varietals, Food and Wine Pairing and Wine Calories. Visit this site HERE!

Introducing NestleFoodServices.com – the most convenient way to learn about Nestlé quality products & solutions, plan your menu, and create an online shopping list.

Browse NestleFoodServices.com today and explore our extensive Online Product Catalog, delicious Recipes, handy Menu Planner and more. Click here

Please visit our sponsor NestleFoodServices.com!

Visit NestleFoodservices.com

Look what You Can WIN this month at Chef2Chef.net!

Chef Revival is giving away 10 "Hot" Grilling Kits that include Grill Sox, a set of 12 inch tongs, a spice kit, a Mumbo Jumbo apron and a black baseball cap. Each set is valued at $90. Register to Win!

Kentucky Virtual is giving away a $100 Shopping Spree at their web site. All things Kentucky featuring items in over 20 categories. The food category alone includes Hams, Beverages, Meats, Shrimp, Jams, Seasonings, Snacks and more. You shop for your prize! Register to Win!

FireBreath.com is giving away a years supply of hot sauce to one lucky winner! If you would like to see a new bottle of hot sauce come to your door each month for the next year...Register to Win!

  In FOCUS Chefs in Business for Chefs

We're delighted to feature recognized leaders who develop and implement solutions that impact the Culinary Industry. Read about their accomplishments, solutions and advise on how to start and run a Business in the Culinary Industry.

This month we are proud to feature Kim de la Villefromoy - The Chef Revival Story. In kitchens around the world, Chef Revival is known for its innovative line of chef apparel and products. From the White House to the Ritz-Carlton, flying high on Air Force One or sailing aboard the QE2, food service professionals and...continued

If you'd like to nominate someone for our In Focus features, read this. The accomplishments of the individual must have a direct benefit to the Culinary Industry, whether by growth of the profession or by implementing ideas, talent, techniques or product development that have national or international significance. To nominate, please write toChef David Nelson

Firebreath.Com

Hey Hot Stuff - Indulge Your Pepper Passion!

Firebreath.com Hot Sauce for a Year? Join the Club!

At just $49.95, a year’s membership to the Dragon’s Ring of Fire at Firebreath.com gets you a unique hot sauce in the mail every month for a year – that’s a discount of at least 25% on the regular price! Order now, and each month you will receive a specially selected 5 fl.oz hot sauce that will set your mouth on fire for a year and give you a truckload of great meal memories.

Firebreath.com - all the hot sauces, salsas, hot munchies and gifts you need. From insanely hot to merely spicy - we have it all.

Market Place

NervousNellies.com

We make 15 flavors of jam, marmalade and chutney in a tiny white clapboard jelly kitchen on an island on the coast of Maine. Most of our fruit is local--like wild Maine blueberries! Selected organic ingredients such as lemon juice and apple cider contribute an unusual level of quality.

Two of us work in the kitchen year-round cooking four small batches of jam a day. We pour, cap and label every jar by hand.  We ship nationwide via UPS every weekday.

FreshHerbCompany.com

Since 1988, The Fresh Herb Company has set the standards for specialty and decorative foods, their packaging, and usage. Specializing in, but not limited to Decorative Gourmet Accessories, our products can be found worldwide and near you. Using only the freshest ingredients and beautiful, recycled Italian Glass, we take pride in providing our customers with quality products.

AirTyme Corporation

For almost two decades, AirTyme Corporation has been teaching media skills to the food people you watch. In January, 2002, AirTyme will hold their first TV Food Boot Camp where attendees get to "Show Their Stuff" to producers after a four day media training session. Check out our website.

LouisianaCookin.com

The only magazine covering the how-to, what-to and where-to enjoy Louisiana Cookin'. Included with each article are delicious recipes  - Cajun, French, Creole and all that makes this cuisine world famous.

A calendar of local events and festivals, and "Crossword Gumbo" makes this magazine a must for those who enjoy cooking, eating and traveling, Louisiana style.

Bennington Pottery

Bennington Bakeware Collection The historic Bennington Potters Yard, located in downtown Bennington Vermont, is excited to now offer their "Baking with Bennington" bakeware starter collection online at PiecesOfVermont.com. Also available are... Bread Warmer, Heart-Shaped bakers, Deep Dish Pie baker, Lasagna Dishes, Tankard Mugs, Dinnerware and Country Pitchers. Gift Ideas for the cooking enthusiast...and much more! Made in Vermont, this exquisite line of blue agate glaze pottery is know throughout New England for its' charm and durability.

Bon Appétit from Your
Chef2Chef Tea

Technology Links to the World!

Links to over 250 Technology Solutions for the Foodservice and Hospitality Industries are now in the Chef2Chef Culinary Directory. Keyword search or browse these Categories: Catering and Food Inventory Software, Distribution, E-Commerce Strategy, Marketplaces, Technology Vendors, Event Planning, Hospitality, Point-Of-Sale Systems Manufacturer, POS Accessories, Property Management Systems, Quality Control and Tracking Standards, Consulting, Software, Telecommuting and more.

NEW Article!  Foodservice and Computer Technology by Sue Grossbauer. Read about Purchasing, Receiving, Inventory Control, Menu Planning, Point-of-Sale Systems, Overall Systems Integration and Nutrition Systems.

Look for more Articles to come next week in our expanding Technology Center

Is your Site listed in our Directory?

Can your site use some EXTRA traffic for FREE? If so, take a moment to verify that you ARE listed and that the listing is in the correct category. For instructions on how to add or modify a listing, this is a great place to START

The fastest and easiest way to find anything on the Internet! 7 Major Engines queried! We remove DUPLICATES and SUMMARIZE the Results!

The All NEW Search Cockpit

In a hurry?

The fastest and easiest way to find anything on the Internet! 7 Major Engines queried! We remove DUPLICATES and SUMMARIZE the Results!

PLUS search the Culinary Directory, Food News, Employment, Auctions, Books, Nutrition Information and much more in our NEW Search Cockpit

Today's Recipe from Crisco.com

pictureHerbed Fried Chicken

4 servings

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried majoram leaves
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 frying chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds) cut up or chicken pieces
2/3 cup CRISCO Shortening

Combine flour, salt, thyme, marjoram, celery salt and pepper in paper or plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time. Shake to coat.

Heat Crisco to 365°F in electric skillet or on medium-high heat in large heavy skillet. Fry chicken for 30 to 40 minutes without lowering heat. Turn once for even browning.

QUESTIONS, Comments, Technical Support
| HELP | UNSUBSCRIBE | Archive | Advertise

Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Chef2Chef, LLC All rights reserved. Chef2Chef(tm) and Chef To Chef(tm) are registered trademarks of Chef2Chef, LLC. All brand names and product names used in this email are trade names, service marks, and registered trademarks of their respective holders.