Corrupted Program Files Directory

Has anyone had this experience with WINE?
I wasn't doing anything very unusual (or sophisticated). I had run Quicken
just to see if it worked, which it did fine. I had also run my ACR program
(see  prior post) in debug mode to see if I could get any other ideas about
get it to function proberly.

Then I notice that my Program Files directory is empty? Eventually I find all
the contents in this new directory called "!$!$!$!$.pfr" which contains some
additional directories with "corrupt" sounding names?

This is a bigger problem than I want to mess with; so whatever I'm doing I
want to stop immediately.

Thanks