Setup terminates prematurely

Dear Wine Community,

I have recently installed the latest snapshot of Wine (20011108).  The
build and install seems to have gone fine, but I'm running into a
roadblock when ever I try to install a windows application.

I get as far as where the actual install should start (after answering
the various questions about files to install, where to install, etc),
then I get a brief flash, like a dialogs is trying to display.  After
that, InstallShield is unresponsive (well, I do get nice little beeps
when I click on one of the buttons, but it doesn't actually do
anything).

After terminating setup.exe via ctrl-C, I notice the following error on
stderr:

	"fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet."

>From this, I'm guessing that Wine hasn't implemented modal dialogs yet?
I tried to search on the WineHQ web page, but came up short.

Does anyone know of a work-around for this?

Thanx,
Ian

--
"Looney?!  I'm just as sane as the rest of you.
 Never mind..."

 Get my GNU Privacy Guard public key at
 ftp://ftp.stewartcastle.com/pub/idstewart.key