AGU session V014: Magmas Arising: Tracking Magma Supply from Mantle to Surface

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

From: Benjamin Black <bblack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

If you plan to attend AGU this December, we hope you will consider
submitting an abstract to session V014: "Magmas Arising: Tracking Magma
Supply from Mantle to Surface at Subduction Zones and Beyond" by the July
31st abstract submission deadline.

Please see abstract below or *on the AGU webpage
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/227749__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d_lLvPmdDDqXi6cU37Jig104E_H2FddX3LEGlQYuLqus4KJ_V3KRvEHOsEsv8b9K2Dybln_g2QyXDmKSiI8NDOhFNQ$>*
for
more information, and please *follow this link
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/227749__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d_lLvPmdDDqXi6cU37Jig104E_H2FddX3LEGlQYuLqus4KJ_V3KRvEHOsEsv8b9K2Dybln_g2QyXDmKSiI8NDOhFNQ$>*
submit to this session by 11:59 PM EDT on the 31st of July.

All the best,

Session V014 Conveners:
Andrea Goltz, Ben Black, Forrest Horton, and Samer Naif

Magma generation and transcrustal ascent rates are key to understanding
crustal thermal structure, the short- and long-term eruptive behavior of
volcanoes, and volatile cycling between Earth's interior and atmosphere. In
this session, we explore the current state of knowledge on mantle-derived
magma fluxes in subduction settings and beyond. We invite submissions that
comment on the supply rate and volumes of mantle-derived magma transported
from the mantle and to the surface using numerical models, geochemistry,
volcanic gas chemistry, experimental petrology, field studies,
geochronology, geophysical imaging, or other methods. We also encourage
submissions that further our understanding of processes associated with the
generation and transport of melt in and from the mantle. This
multidisciplinary session on mantle-derived magma fluxes will encourage
interdisciplinary collaboration and guide future efforts to establish
monitoring networks at magmatic centers.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8