AGU 2024 - Call for abstracts - Session V029: Understanding volcanic and volcano-tectonic processes

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Federico Galetto <fg253@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to bring your attention to the session â??V029 - Understanding
volcanic and volcano-tectonic processesâ?? taking place at the AGU 2024 Fall
Meeting in Washington DC from 9 to 13 December 2024. We invite you to
submit an abstract before the deadline on 31 July 2024.

Below the description of the session:

V029 - Understanding volcanic and volcano-tectonic processes (
https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/224072
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/224072__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dJ_BCWvMvJDAJekd9DkgBAzcv7oUgz07gACsGyP7t1yXM0mt0z6tNyvmuA9GS0wIJtaGglvv-3JuH1gVnghC3FR4xg$>
).

Conveners: Federico Galetto, Hélène Le Mével, Paul Lundgren, Mike Poland,
Tushar Mittal.

This session focuses on the observations and modelling of volcanic and
volcano-tectonic processes, like unrest episodes, mechanisms of magma
propagation, and tectonic controls on volcanism. We welcome contributions
using geodetic, geophysical, and geochemical datasets, also combined in a
multidisciplinary approach, at volcanoes, or modelling results aimed to
understand volcano-tectonic processes.
Studies may focus on the regional scale, investigating the relationships
between tectonic and magmatic processes, or on the local scale of a single
volcano, investigating inflation/deflation episodes, magmatic intrusions
emplacement, flank instabilities, or caldera collapse. We particularly
welcome studies using monitoring (field- or satellite-based) data and
models to evaluate volcanic hazard and identify eruption precursors to
better forecast and mitigate eruptions.

Main topics of the session:
volcanism (at global and regional scales) and tectonics;
formation of magma chambers and laccoliths;
magma propagation, emplacement, and arrest;
caldera collapse, resurgence, and unrest;
flank instabilities;
volcano deformation monitoring;
volcanic hazard mitigation;
physical modeling

We look forward to your submissions, and seeing you all in Washington DC!

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - http://pdx.edu/

GVP - https://volcano.si.edu/

IAVCEI - https://www.iavceivolcano.org/

To subscribe to the volcano list, send the message:

subscribe volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 19 Jun 2024 to 24 Jun 2024 (#2024-56)