2024 VICTOR Developers Workshop

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Einat Lev <einatlev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all.

Are you developing or using code for volcano science? Do you want to make
the code much easier to find and use? Would you like to link your code with
other tools and models?

Come to the 2024 VICTOR Developers Workshop!

VICTOR
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://victor.ldeo.columbia.edu__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fmTN-6hvLiqnVkNwMrnbW3ikUO7dXIP1bQs57fufoJzDqo_hUgvwYOCMqAx4VxMVhV8xw7CTNPkLrD6kYF18YDi_rQ$>
(the
Volcanology Infrastructure for Computational Tools and Resources) is a new
cloud-based platform that lets users access, use and develop models for
volcanic processes. VICTOR already hosts workflows based on codes for lava
flows, ash and tephra dispersal, PDCs, and so on. For more information,
visit https://victor.ldeo.columbia.edu/content/education
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://victor.ldeo.columbia.edu/content/education__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fmTN-6hvLiqnVkNwMrnbW3ikUO7dXIP1bQs57fufoJzDqo_hUgvwYOCMqAx4VxMVhV8xw7CTNPkLrD6kYF0T8zYUCA$>
.

We are inviting developers and advanced users to a workshop where we will
work together to bring new codes onto the platform, connect them with
existing utilities, and write user-friendly workflows.

Location: Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, just north of New York City
Dates: August 13 evening to August 16 afternoon
Registration:

https://forms.gle/Rmcspvn52ULposR98
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/Rmcspvn52ULposR98__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fmTN-6hvLiqnVkNwMrnbW3ikUO7dXIP1bQs57fufoJzDqo_hUgvwYOCMqAx4VxMVhV8xw7CTNPkLrD6kYF0RSd0rSw$>

On-site expenses will be covered, as well as partial cover of travel
expenses.

For questions, email victor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The organizers,
Einat, Sylvain, Sam, Abani and Chuck