CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - Rittmann Conference - Session S02 - "Integrated Approaches in Volcanic Studies: From Field Investigations to Geochronology, Stratigraphy, Volcano-Tectonics and Geomorphology" (CATANIA 18-20 September 2024)

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Jacopo Natale <jacopoknatale@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

The next Rittmann Conference, which will be held in Catania from 18-20
September 2024, is getting closer!

We would like to draw your attention to our *session S02*, entitled
"Integrated Approaches in Volcanic Studies: From Field Investigations to
Geochronology, Stratigraphy, Volcano-Tectonics and Geomorphology".
We warmly invite you to submit your contribution to our session.

Keep in mind that the submission deadline is on the 17th of May 2024.

Please find below the information about our session:

This session aims at collecting contributions focusing on the several
interconnected aspects of volcanology relying on field data such as
volcano stratigraphy, mapping, tephrostratigraphy, geochronological
data, volcano-tectonics, and geomorphology to advance our understanding
of the evolutionary history of volcanoes. These are essential inputs for
robust assessment of physical volcanology and modelling, and ultimately
hazard evaluation. The multidisciplinary approach includes the
examination and interpretation of ancient volcanism through the
correlation of tephra from proximal to distal, and the application of
mineralogical and geochemical fingerprinting methods, as well as
high-resolution paleomagnetic dating and correlation, and estimate of
the emplacement temperature of these pyroclastic deposits. We also
emphasize the relevance of radiometric dating methods which can assess
the correlation of scattered volcanic units. The goal is to generate
novel insights into the structure and dynamics of active volcanic
systems, enabling to unveiling of the architecture of volcanoes,
spanning spatial scales from individual volcanic areas to the broader
regional magmato-tectonic context and temporal scales from millennial
eruptive histories to real-time monitoring. We strongly encourage
scientists intrigued by this topic to submit their contributions to this
session, which aims to cover multidisciplinary aspects of geosciences
that integrate multiple volcanological, structural, geochemical, and
geochronological techniques.

More info here:

https://www.conferenzarittmann.it/sessioni/sessioni/33-s02-integrated-approaches-in-volcanic-studies-from-field-investigations-to-geochronology-stratigraphy-volcano-tectonics-and-geomorphology.html
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.conferenzarittmann.it/sessioni/sessioni/33-s02-integrated-approaches-in-volcanic-studies-from-field-investigations-to-geochronology-stratigraphy-volcano-tectonics-and-geomorphology.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!avtEnxLsdqfoIES92UFXdyHA1UYSws6NaCk3Yu9NekEZrmGyO-Rrig4ljbZ4_o6y5e8AAK5b3plX3G3S5sDK9ICv-Q$>

https://www.conferenzarittmann.it/abstract/come-sottomettere-un-abstract.html
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.conferenzarittmann.it/abstract/come-sottomettere-un-abstract.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!avtEnxLsdqfoIES92UFXdyHA1UYSws6NaCk3Yu9NekEZrmGyO-Rrig4ljbZ4_o6y5e8AAK5b3plX3G3S5sDL_u7Vsg$>

Conveners:
Jacopo Natale*, Università degli Studi di Bari - Dipartimento di Scienze
della Terra e Geoambientali, jacopo.natale@xxxxxxxx
Matteo Roverato, BIGEA, Alma Mater Studiorum, Universitá di Bologna,
matteo.roverato@xxxxxxxx
Arianna Beatrice Malaguti, Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e
Vulcanologia, Sezione di Catania, arianna.malaguti@xxxxxxx
Paola Donato, DiBEST, Università della Calabria, paola.donato@xxxxxxxxx
Gilda Risica, Dipartimento di Science della Terra, Università di
Firenze, gilda.risica@xxxxxxxx
Claudia Romagnoli, Università di Bologna, Dipartimento di Scienze
Biologiche, Geologiche ed Ambientali (BiGeA), claudia.romagnoli@xxxxxxxx
*Corresponding

We are looking forward to meeting you all in Catania!

Cheers

Jacopo, Matteo, Arianna Beatrice, Paola, Gilda and Claudia

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1