Goldschmidt 2024 – Session 14d: 25 years of GEOROC and PetDB: the past, present and future of research with global geochemical databases

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Marthe Klöcking" <mkloecking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

NOTE: *Abstracts to this session are free of charge and exempt from the
1-abstract rule!* You may submit a second first author abstract in another
session.

2024 marks *25 years since the public release of the PetDB and GEOROC
databases* for igneous geochemical compositions. To celebrate this
milestone, we are hosting an anniversary session
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conf.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2024/meetingapp.cgi/Session/6086__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a0sG1sAdBg_gRBrtQILdwK-0DkWl9f-fST3Cq-OQxgxpkJTLkQoumRVbC6zT2ynpgX1AwK870RiMgKuRuYt__iKomQ$>
at
the Goldschmidt conference in Chicago.

This session will celebrate the scientific impact of global databases in
igneous geochemistry over the past 25 years, and provide a forum for
envisioning their future potential and evolution. We invite contributions
by anyone who has used GEOROC or PetDB data for their research and in
education, industry and policy; and by other data systems that were
inspired by PetDBâ??s and GEOROCâ??s approach and success. The session will
feature introductory talks from the two data systems, reflecting on the
history and the future of big data in geochemistry.

Join us for a celebratory session to share your personal data story and to
learn more about the various ways GEOROC and PetDB data have contributed to
the research landscape in geochemistry and beyond over the past 25 years.

We will also be hosting an evening reception after the session to which all
contributors will be invited (details to be confirmed).

Our session is part of Theme 14, which means that *abstracts are free of
charge and exempt from the 1-abstract rule*: you may submit a second first
author abstract in another session. More details and submission guidelines:
https://conf.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2024/cfp.cgi
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conf.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2024/cfp.cgi__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a0sG1sAdBg_gRBrtQILdwK-0DkWl9f-fST3Cq-OQxgxpkJTLkQoumRVbC6zT2ynpgX1AwK870RiMgKuRuYt2cmtazQ$>

We hope to see you in Chicago (or online). Please forward this invitation
to anyone else who might be interested in submitting an abstract to this
session.

Kind regards,
Marthe Klöcking and Kerstin Lehnert

On behalf of Albrecht Hofmann, Charlie Langmuir and Bärbel Sarbas

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2