Field workshop: 19-23 February (post-CoV) at Poás volcano, Costa Rica

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Conor Bacon <cbacon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear volcano community

On behalf of the AVERT project
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://avert.ldeo.columbia.edu__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e1b0ZGvm-K7UYcHKHMF6jPmHYk2Ei6mMPLd1jMIIDiqNtmRdP62PlG0eGSdjJMKjt3uKCOIO6KAG0mKJYyaQkQ$>
at
the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, we would like to
invite you to join our team and collaborators from OVSICORI for a 5-day
field workshop at Poás volcano, Costa Rica, after the Cities on Volcanoes
12th Congress. The objective of this field workshop is to bring together
researchers from a broad range of sub-disciplines to create a snapshot of
Poás volcano and introduce the wider volcanological community to the AVERT
platform.

The workshop will run during the week starting Monday, February 19, 2024.
We will start and end in San José (Heredia, by the National University of
Costa Rica). Transportation, accommodation, and meals during the workshop
will be covered. Attendance of CoV-12 is not a prerequisite to attend this
workshop.

There may be an opportunity to connect instruments to the AVERT platform
for longer-term data collection; interested participants should contact the
organisers as soon as possible and before 31 December 2023.

For more information and a link to the application form, please visit our
website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://avert.ldeo.columbia.edu/news/cov-12-workshop__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e1b0ZGvm-K7UYcHKHMF6jPmHYk2Ei6mMPLd1jMIIDiqNtmRdP62PlG0eGSdjJMKjt3uKCOIO6KAG0mKxfOmc6A$>,
or contact Conor Bacon (cbacon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1