2023 ECR Symposium on Submarine/Aqueous Volcanism (November 15/16) - Registration open until October 30th

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Samuel Mitchell <sam.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Volcanology Community,

The IAVCEI Commission on Submarine Volcanism (CoSV
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://submarine.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d6WpQRKRBiERptkH4v9HRHYrylVuOjrGsecLXdGlFVVMLbGEOTgNXrRAkuHsAw41k8ozDR34mQV3mnh-t3DwP0NkoZ4$>)
will be holding its second annual ECR research and networking symposium
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://submarine.iavceivolcano.org/2023-ecr-research-symposium/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d6WpQRKRBiERptkH4v9HRHYrylVuOjrGsecLXdGlFVVMLbGEOTgNXrRAkuHsAw41k8ozDR34mQV3mnh-t3DwL4LEj0g$>
 on *November 15-16*. Registration
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9P09xZTnjqwBpacFmUXK2ZP2xlJrA9PltHI_wWWPeib-G0g/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d6WpQRKRBiERptkH4v9HRHYrylVuOjrGsecLXdGlFVVMLbGEOTgNXrRAkuHsAw41k8ozDR34mQV3mnh-t3DwS0nzn5w$>is
now open until *October 30th*.

Plenary talks, short research and lightning talks, and a social/networking
event for anyone working on volcanoes in aqueous/watery places. Held over 2
time zone sessions for all to participate. Last year we hosted over 60
people during two sessions to see 21 fantastic ECR presentations, with
attendees from 22 countries, 6 continents, and with a 79% ECR turnout.

Whether your interests are in:
*Submarine physical volcanology, igneous petrology and geochemistry,
water-magma interactions, volcanic hazards and impacts, remote sensing,
hydrothermal vents, or oceanography, marine ecology, marine geophysics,
outreach and education, technology, data and computing relating to marine
volcanism*, ALL are welcome to participate!

Registration is open until October 30th via this link.
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9P09xZTnjqwBpacFmUXK2ZP2xlJrA9PltHI_wWWPeib-G0g/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d6WpQRKRBiERptkH4v9HRHYrylVuOjrGsecLXdGlFVVMLbGEOTgNXrRAkuHsAw41k8ozDR34mQV3mnh-t3DwS0nzn5w$>

*What you need to know:*

   - Held over all time zones in two online sessions: *Nov 15th 15:00-19:00
   UTC (Atlantic)*, and *Nov 16th 00:00-04:00 UTC (Pacific)*. We may add an
   extra session the following day depending on interest.
   - You need to have *paid your **IAVCEI *membership fees
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/membership/membership-fees-for-2023/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d6WpQRKRBiERptkH4v9HRHYrylVuOjrGsecLXdGlFVVMLbGEOTgNXrRAkuHsAw41k8ozDR34mQV3mnh-t3Dww62XS2g$>
   present(do reach out to us if you have extenuating financial
   circumstances). Everything else associated with this event is FREE.
   - ECRs can be anyone from undergraduates, masters and PhD students,
   postdocs, to early career professionals and educators associated with the
   world of marine volcanism.
   - ECRs have a choice of either 1) live *online 10 minute
research/topic* presentations,
   or 2) a *3 minute lightning talk*. Research talks can be pre-recorded if
   desired.
   - A *plenary speake*r will begin each session highlighting recent
   advances and discoveries in our field, along with a welcome from the CoSV
   committee.
   - Each session (Atlantic and Pacific) will be followed by a
*social/networking
   event *where you can talk with a small group of career mentors.
   - *Attendance is welcome to ALL* in our field, not just our ECRs.
   However, our presentations focus will be to highlight the ongoing work of
   our CoSV ECRs. So please share amongst your networks and research groups.
   - To register your interest (to present or attend), please* fill in the
   registration form
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9P09xZTnjqwBpacFmUXK2ZP2xlJrA9PltHI_wWWPeib-G0g/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d6WpQRKRBiERptkH4v9HRHYrylVuOjrGsecLXdGlFVVMLbGEOTgNXrRAkuHsAw41k8ozDR34mQV3mnh-t3DwS0nzn5w$>*,
   and forward to anyone it might be of interest to!

We hope that you will join us, please email submarine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
any further questions.

Best,
*CoSV Committee*