COV12 Session 412: Volcano slope instability and its products: from debris remobilization to cascading hazard

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Jorge Romero Moyano <jorge.romero@xxxxxx>

Dear colleague

We are very pleased to invite you to contribute to our session no. 412
titled "Volcano slope instability and its products: from debris
remobilization to cascading hazard" at the 12th Cities on Volcanoes
(Antigua, Guatemala, February 11-17, 2024). This session encourages
multidisciplinary contributions that integrate onshore and offshore
investigations, field-based geological studies, geomorphological mapping,
geophysical investigations, remote sensing, and numerical and analogical
modeling to tackle the challenging and fascinating study of these
processes. These contributions should offer meaningful reflections and
applications for volcanic hazard, risk, or volcano monitoring, and can
incorporate a cascading hazard perspective. We are also willing to host
investigations based on predictive models or forecast scenarios of flank
instability and debris avalanche inundation at volcanoes at a failure
condition, incorporating a risk perspective. To submit your abstract,
please follow this link. Registration will open by October 2023.

Session description: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://congress.iavceivolcano.org/tema4/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dv_jsLzgtghghQmd9iqJovlM_jKKvr9TL053UxbUcGurjFtISNI3rzXd7UKhThoMPMkRpJ3yQhngq-jM$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://congress.iavceivolcano.org/tema4/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Zvo0N53zF5xXhX3YWtf5n2fXbhA12h6tsMuS9FE7fdS-KtKef9vk-puwydj7v0pL92bsGUAb2UFrSUGiTJcBAQ$>
Abstract submission: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://on-line-form.eu/iavceivolcano2023/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dv_jsLzgtghghQmd9iqJovlM_jKKvr9TL053UxbUcGurjFtISNI3rzXd7UKhThoMPMkRpJ3yQqZplpHe$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://on-line-form.eu/iavceivolcano2023/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Zvo0N53zF5xXhX3YWtf5n2fXbhA12h6tsMuS9FE7fdS-KtKef9vk-puwydj7v0pL92bsGUAb2UFrSUEyLQLxvg$>

Format: Presentations, round table discussion
Accepts abstracts: Yes
Types of contributions: oral presentations and posters
Conveners: Jorge E. Romero, Laura Becerril, Lizeth Caballero, Lucía Capra,
Jorge Clavero, Irene Manzella, Lauren Schaefer
For further information please refer to  jeromerom1305@xxxxxxxxx

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2