Magmatism and volcanism theme - Goldschmidt 2024 - Chicago

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Luca Caricchi <Luca.Caricchi@xxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We would like to draw your attention to Theme 04 (Magmatism, Volcanism and
Their impacts) of the next Goldschmidt conference in Chicago:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conf.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2024/meetingapp.cgi/Program/1128__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e_CcarozUDdjgKMS49Lc9oNJEHCV4n0EY-ptqbIce-7YQzsUPKIefeVmnxBoJPq0odkkDv-2QgiS89V9$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conf.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2024/meetingapp.cgi/Program/1128__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZHaErYBmD_uUEerK36ZAuUgcOZczRH2zslt8sGOI8QDV8hEd4MIeC6PJH1zsYvxjMFgSHHyrY7Cx3bCc_v1Zgtfg$>

Themes are designed to drive Session submissions on specific subjects.

Have a read at this theme and consider submitting proposals for Goldschmidt
2024.
Theme DescriptionThis theme invites researchers to share and delve into the
diverse ways in which magmas and volcanoes influence the dynamics,
histories, resources, and livability of Earth and other planets.  As magmas
rise from mantle and crust, they induce metamorphism, metasomatism, and
hydrothermal circulation.  They contribute directly to possible resources
like ore deposits and geothermal power and their activity and landscapes
draw tourists and effect local hydrology and soil quality. But erupting
volcanoes can also impact the built environment, ecosystems, and
agriculture.  Depending on a suite of factors that involve degassing,
kinetics, and multiphase flow, they can effusive quietly or wreak havoc as
catastrophic explosions. Their consequences can be complex, for example
falling volcanic products can simultaneously poison drinking water and
fertilize farmland.  The output of volcanic gases has a major throughgoing
influence on the chemistry of the atmosphere and the short- and long-term
variations of our climate. We encourage Goldschmidt colleagues to propose
sessions that explore magmas, volcanoes and their varied positive and
negative impacts, using a wide range of approaches, including historical,
theoretical, experimental, and analytical methodologies. By fostering an
integrated understanding of igneous processes and their implications for
our planet and society, we can collectively advance our knowledge in this
field.

Best Regards,
Luca Caricchi, Patricia Larrea, Jake Lowenstern

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1