Workshop recordings and report available for "Modelling volatile behaviour in magmas"

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Ery Hughes <e.hughes@xxxxxxxxxx>

Kia ora koutou,

The â??Modelling volatile behaviour in magmasâ?? was held as a pre-conference
hybrid workshop at IAVCEI 2023, Rotorua Aotearoa New Zealand, earlier this
year (29/01/2023). Thanks to all those who participated!

We had introductions to various models for volatiles in magmas by the
authors (VESIcal
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1029/2020EA001584__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eQsZMXMMSXhLTMdndUaw_lCyJy5vws97Ch4D0i8Lujbzl54xFKlzGmmc16sBH9OOylAp3pOqXoV7yZFphto$>
, Sulfur_X
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1029/2022GC010552__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eQsZMXMMSXhLTMdndUaw_lCyJy5vws97Ch4D0i8Lujbzl54xFKlzGmmc16sBH9OOylAp3pOqXoV7exvxXIM$>
, CHOSETTO
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/charlesll/chosetto__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eQsZMXMMSXhLTMdndUaw_lCyJy5vws97Ch4D0i8Lujbzl54xFKlzGmmc16sBH9OOylAp3pOqXoV7YjAUuNQ$>,
SCHOFe, and MAGEC
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gca.2022.09.044__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eQsZMXMMSXhLTMdndUaw_lCyJy5vws97Ch4D0i8Lujbzl54xFKlzGmmc16sBH9OOylAp3pOqXoV7Gq3p19A$>)
with a model comparison exercise, as well as keynotes and group discussions
on:

   1. What are the experimental gaps?
   2. What do observational researchers need these codes to be able to do?
   3. Can we link monitoring needs to solubility outputs?

The recordings of the workshop can be found on YouTube
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDSC0wbXSKIziryb7vgWOFdYhMlvkd4KL__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eQsZMXMMSXhLTMdndUaw_lCyJy5vws97Ch4D0i8Lujbzl54xFKlzGmmc16sBH9OOylAp3pOqXoV7QIkcPkk$>
and
the workshop report can be found on Earth ArXiv
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.31223/X5FD3Q__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eQsZMXMMSXhLTMdndUaw_lCyJy5vws97Ch4D0i8Lujbzl54xFKlzGmmc16sBH9OOylAp3pOqXoV7NbSLRnY$>
-
we hope these are useful resources!

NgÄ? mihi