GSA Connects 2023 session -T 69. Disabled and Neurodivergent Perception, Community, and Identity in Geoscience

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Matthew Brueseke <brueseke@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We wanted pass along information about an upcoming GSA Connects 2023
topical session that may be of interest - please pass this information to
others*: T 69. Disabled and Neurodivergent Perception, Community, and
Identity in Geoscience*

*Rationale:*

Disabled and neurodivergent perspectives are inextricably linked to the
work we do as scientists, and as human beings. As members of a set of
marginalized and medicalized identities, we invite talks that highlight the
importance of showcasing how disability and neurodivergence informs our
research, our lived perspectives, and the place these perspectives deserve
in our scientific communities.

Potential topics include disabled and neurodivergent perspective and ways
of knowing in geosciences, storytelling in paleontology, and building the
future of disabled and neurodiverse pedagogy and research in geoscience,
among others. We welcome proposals from those who identify as disabled or
neurodivergent, members of groups with intersectional and
multiply-marginalized identities, and allies with a strong commitment to
disabled and neurodivergent equity.

Sharing disabled and neurodiverse perspectives at GSA in a topical session
will help to destigmatize and to further promote these perspectives as part
of a diverse and equitable society.

*You may add your potential abstract talk title and other information at
this link
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PVRI_an43W2X-7wrlA6JgxAjwVid0212nNzzl5Y8GG0/edit?usp=sharing__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eUAMssw1IoonVQx2Kg-al5AEQQsW613UjZ5_GiVX5zHNXYrNTCd55ipcjOaGqPLD7SMTOkkmDUvaNLFk$>.
For more information, check out our details below. W*e are sponsored by the
International Association for Geoscience Diversity (IAGD), the
Paleontological Society (PS), and several GSA topical groups.

*Abstracts can be submitted using the following link:*

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2023AM/top/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=54714__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dQjBjx_rqjkyINXj7m47Ubc7OifOlpIUAHpmz2bWBX7GA1-3oNZaUmx_dRn4ZqWp6xiGoz11oRM49j6u$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2023AM/top/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=54714__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eUAMssw1IoonVQx2Kg-al5AEQQsW613UjZ5_GiVX5zHNXYrNTCd55ipcjOaGqPLD7SMTOkkmDVaX5Nq1$>

Submissions are open now until 11:59 pm (US Pacific Time) on July 25th,
2023.

Thank you again for considering submitting to our topical session, and
please let us know if you have any questions while developing your abstract!

Best wishes,

Tara & Matt

Session Chairs: Matt Brueseke and Taormina (Tara) Lepore

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3