OCEANIC VOLCANISM Workshop at GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany - September 12-15 2023: Registration and abstract submission closes May 5th (Friday)

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Samuel Mitchell <sam.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello all ocean volcano enthusiasts!

*On-site registration* and *abstract submission* for the upcoming
workshop, *will
close on Friday, May 5**th* (22:59 GMT):

*Stronger together - Oceanic Volcanism Workshop 2023
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://events.geomar.de/event/165/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YobiJqaYOlXPGdQP_QctPqmTC63IEzzqZphaQ5s0gBw2nT8C0Bg0p1wWS00U5_wKjddGEGW5kfLd2dRX4ZQU5pFBayI$>*â??
held at and co-organized by GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.geomar.de/en/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YobiJqaYOlXPGdQP_QctPqmTC63IEzzqZphaQ5s0gBw2nT8C0Bg0p1wWS00U5_wKjddGEGW5kfLd2dRX4ZQUwD8Z7yQ$>,
Kiel, Germany from *12thâ??15th September 2023*.
It will take place at the Eastshore Campus of GEOMAR, Wischhofstr. 1-3
(Building 8) in Kiel, Germany.

*Schedule:*
- Tuesday, September 12th: Start at 3 pm with lab demos, Icebreaker starting
at 6 pm (location will be announced later)
- Wednesday, September 13th â??Thursday, September 14th: Scientific program (full
days)
- Friday, September 15th: Scientific program (half day)

*Abstract submission
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://events.geomar.de/event/165/abstracts/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YobiJqaYOlXPGdQP_QctPqmTC63IEzzqZphaQ5s0gBw2nT8C0Bg0p1wWS00U5_wKjddGEGW5kfLd2dRX4ZQUQD_Nx8Q$>
is
open now *(closes May 5th).

*Registration
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://events.geomar.de/event/165/registrations/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YobiJqaYOlXPGdQP_QctPqmTC63IEzzqZphaQ5s0gBw2nT8C0Bg0p1wWS00U5_wKjddGEGW5kfLd2dRX4ZQU6tRtdXo$>fee
is 70â?¬* including drinks during the workshop, lunch breaks, and the
conference dinner. In-person registration closes *April 30th*!

We are actively working on travel support/grants for in person attendees,
and for those also with IAVCEI membership.

*The field of oceanic and submarine volcanism is vibrant, and we have
witnessed some remarkable events in the past years. At the same time, times
are not getting easier. Funds are not necessarily increasing, and many of
us have been isolated for a long time. More broadly, the human impact on
the oceans is shifting into the focus of the scientific community and thus
also the public. In light of this, where do we stand with our field of
oceanic volcanism, its threats and opportunities on a human scale? It is
once more time that we meet, update each other and join forces exploring
the wonders of nature that keep us excited!*

More details on the workshop and registration here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://events.geomar.de/event/165/program__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YobiJqaYOlXPGdQP_QctPqmTC63IEzzqZphaQ5s0gBw2nT8C0Bg0p1wWS00U5_wKjddGEGW5kfLd2dRX4ZQU6NgKoLo$>
!

Please reach out to organisers: *tkwasnitschka@xxxxxxxxx
<tkwasnitschka@xxxxxxxxx> , jbelo@xxxxxxxxx <jbelo@xxxxxxxxx>* , or
*submarine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<submarine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>* if you have any questions.

You hope you can join us for what promises to be an exciting workshop!

*GEOMAR Ocean Volcanism Group and IAVCEI Commission on Submarine Volcanism*

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6