Postdoc in Rock Mechanics Lab (Portsmouth) on NERC funded "Forecasting Eruptions at Volcanoes after Extended Repose" (2.5 year) project

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Philip Benson <philip.benson@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

I am currently recruiting for a postdoctoral researcher (post available
from July-23) to work on our new NERC project â??Forecasting Eruptions at
Volcanoes after Extended Reposeâ??. The project is a 50/50 joint project
between myself at UoP and Chris Kilburn (PI) at the UCL Hazard centre.
Weâ??re aiming to recruit two 30-month postdocs with the post based at the
Portsmouth Rock Mechanics Lab responsible for the laboratory testing
component of the research. This will use high temperature fracture
mechanics and rock physics apparatus to simulate dyke intrusion (and
tensile fracture generally) using a modified triaxial rig, with the
mechanical and microseismic data being used to test new/improved models for
eruption forecasting.

Iâ??d be more than happy to answer any questions from potential applicants.
Full details and a link to the application can be found here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CXU192/senior-research-associate__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!be6z5BMFqzlue4IIXaez8iPwzac2p1NJ9ByxwiCmUaxPNB3IweESITTUa_9sFq9pnWbfNQuLKchxN6CN$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CXU192/senior-research-associate__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a2fhhWIpeY2Ar2itmreoWouK19tcI6pyGtnitmDUhWJZ4ili744XTCUVXlAeyxlhHRf_VKlymu8a3NGIUzLE6i8lNw$>.
Applications close on 15th May. In addition to myself and Chris, youâ??ll be
working with our project partners Pino De Natale at the Vesuvius
Observatory (INGV) in Italy (travel/fieldwork to Campi flegrei) and also
Erouscilla Joseph at the Seismic Research Centre, West Indies.

Cheers,
Phil Benson
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://britrock.org/pages/portsmouth-rock-mechanics-laboratory.htm__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!be6z5BMFqzlue4IIXaez8iPwzac2p1NJ9ByxwiCmUaxPNB3IweESITTUa_9sFq9pnWbfNQuLKWTxBwmU$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://britrock.org/pages/portsmouth-rock-mechanics-laboratory.htm__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a2fhhWIpeY2Ar2itmreoWouK19tcI6pyGtnitmDUhWJZ4ili744XTCUVXlAeyxlhHRf_VKlymu8a3NGIUzIsfbuB5g$>

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1