GSA Cordilleran session T2. Drivers of Cordilleran Magmatic Processes and Geochemistry

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "Ryan-Davis, Juliet R." <jrd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to our session on Cordilleran
magmatism at the GSA Cordilleran Section Meeting in Reno, Nevada May 17-19,
2023, focusing on chemical and physical parameters that affect magmatic
processes. Submit your abstract to conference theme sessions here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/cd/2023mtg/techprog.aspx__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bpzGs-GkfdtY8Uj59Z_9-uDNnGJlkc5E2z4QUY_kcOf2Cwf7QA1CwsVTUqB2IWpxFRE5UeELgeg5DA$>
.

We invite your participation, with broad interest around active and ancient
magmatism. The abstract deadline is February 14, 2023.

We hope to see you in Reno!

Juliet Ryan-Davis, Caltech

Maddie Lewis, Purdue University

Penny Wieser, University of California, Berkeley

Claire Bucholz, Caltech

---

*T2. **Drivers of Cordilleran Magmatic Processes and Geochemistry*

Juliet Ryan-Davis, Maddie Lewis, Penny Wieser, and Claire Bucholz

influence magmatism throughout the American Cordillera? The interplay of
chemical (oxygen fugacity, volatile content) and physical (temperature,
pressure, stress state) parameters affect magma generation, chemical
evolution, and ascent. We welcome contributions that document intrusive and
extrusive records emphasizing geochemistry and petrology, as well as
structural geology and geophysical perspectives.

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3