Professor Heidy Mader

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Volcanolist moderators <volcano@xxxxxxx>

We at the volcanolist would like to re-send a previous message from Ed
Llewellin about the passing of Professor Heidy Mader and share a link to a
piece written by Professor Steve Sparks FRS about Heidyâ??s life and career.

Respectfully,

Amanda Clarke

Jonathan Fink

Rachel Holsteen-Bruyère

============

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

With deep sadness, I report that Professor Heidy Mader has died,
following a short illness. Heidy was a key figure in the volcanology
group at the University of Bristol, UK, for more than 30 years, during
which time she made a profound contribution to volcanology, particularly
through her ground-breaking work on the rheology and physics of magma.

Heidy was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal
Research from 2016 to 2021 and played a central role in modernizing
editorial practices at the journal. The current editors are preparing an
obituary editorial and invite you to share your thoughts, reminiscences,
reflections, and any other material that might contribute to an article
celebrating Heidy's life and work. Please write to
ed.llewellin@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Professor Heidy Mader 1961 â?? 2022:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2023/january/heidy-mader.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!f9wSQJbU09YJcUApl_EGO8fxB7UVjf7FbERNSH8HG-PUqOLZnpFp7VoligFYFfdO6RVzzhC2XycMm6mx$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2023/january/heidy-mader.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fLgcsqeXnvcl8e5_gJy2w1ajBQT188hIcvQJSd1t-c_XriT9vLn7MMJ2YJ_XD4h9LTl0P_6x7sxv35HEGcXoI9g$>