IAVCEI Workshop: State of the Volcanic Hazard Map 5

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Daniel Bertin <daniel.bertin.u@xxxxxxxxx>

IAVCEI Workshop: State of the Volcanic Hazard Map 5

Hello volcano hazard fellows!

The IAVCEI Commission on Volcanic Hazard and Risk has a Working Group
dedicated to hazard mapping (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cvhr.iavceivolcano.org/about/working-group-on-hazard-mapping/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d0M0aQXMqOBPoM1g8MRXNPNndA_v_gs2b3xUVNbomn7yYNo3IKDVgf1zvxzm1klhUTm0_aaUHk4dIckX$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cvhr.iavceivolcano.org/about/working-group-on-hazard-mapping/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a7vyZc_frsLpjuHHN7vv2GOHPhkq8YqLJKSWmjxPpr1cWL68hG6NwMOrwJqmjP5s0dUguYUvXRE5lUzRDS3XayBC$>).
The first workshop was held at COV8 (Yogyakarta, 2014), and the most recent
at COV11 (Heraklion, 2022). This year we are hosting our final workshop at
the IAVCEI 2023 Scientific Assembly in Rotorua, on 4 February. The workshop
will have three primary aims: 1) to openly discuss different approaches and
experiences regarding how hazard maps are created, interpreted and used; 2)
to present and comment on a new online database of volcanic hazard maps and
stakeholder tool; and 3) to discuss a new sourcebook for volcanic hazard
mapping. In line with previous events, the workshop format will be more
about exchange of knowledge and experiences rather than instruction about
particular techniques or hazard mapping approaches. We therefore invite
people from around the world with experience in hazard maps to discuss the
maps they have worked with. Please bear in mind that this will be the last
workshop before the completion of the sourcebook.

In case you are interested in attending, please sign up for the workshop
when you register to attend the IAVCEI 2023 Scientific Assembly, at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/registration__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d0M0aQXMqOBPoM1g8MRXNPNndA_v_gs2b3xUVNbomn7yYNo3IKDVgf1zvxzm1klhUTm0_aaUHjC_nlE7$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/registration__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a7vyZc_frsLpjuHHN7vv2GOHPhkq8YqLJKSWmjxPpr1cWL68hG6NwMOrwJqmjP5s0dUguYUvXRE5lUzRDQ272ZWm$>

The workshop has a cost of NZD $50.

We look forward to seeing you in Rotorua!

Daniel Bertin, Eliza Calder, Danielle Charlton, Mary Anne Clive, John
Ewert, Jan Lindsay, Sarah Ogburn, Bastian Steinke, and Heather Wright

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2