Submit to the special issue of European Journal of Mineralogy "Probing the Earth: magma and fluids, a tribute to the career of Michel Pichavant"

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: "monika.rusiecka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <monika.rusiecka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear collegues,

We invite you to submit a manuscript to the special issue of European
Journal of Mineralogy (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.european-journal-of-mineralogy.net__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!f6toH-TVRR9Z6DAI2AnrZyu74fcMIDpzxf3GjbCGjVDZLrQYkrivfh8fjNu2Jkg98S7l3cq6mo4Mpp_S$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.european-journal-of-mineralogy.net__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Z92Z1C0SsFf7ynZnoYQDJuDUoB3ib4C5iJiDNS9MjGcLvl72VQq8q1Azul7e4muH_xe572hUJB40YbOT43WLGBNfVCHs6AFe$>)
 "Probing
the Earth: magma and fluids, a tribute to the career of Michel Pichavant".
Submissions are 1 October 2022 to 30 September 2023.

This special issue was initiated during the research workshop on Magma and
Fluids, scheduled from 4 to 6 July 2022 at Orléans. This workshop was also
an occasion to celebrate the prolific career of Michel Pichavant.

Magma and fluids play a crucial role in the Earth's dynamics by ruling mass
and heat transfer from the innermost to the outermost regions of our
planet. Capturing the ability of magma to convey heat requires its
petrology to be tightly defined on the one hand and the mechanics of
multiphase systems to be quantitatively addressed on the other hand. This
approach can link intrusive to extrusive processes and is central to
capturing the processes conducive to ore deposits. Magma is connected to
fluids as it degases not only during volcanic processes but also during
deep intrusions, as deep crystallization produces abundant fluids that can
interact with the solids and mix with other fluids, building peri-magmatic
hydrothermal systems and ore deposits.

In this special issue, we welcome contributions to the petrology, the
transport properties, the geochemistry, and the mechanics of magma and
fluids, as well as any studies connecting these two realms, using
experimental, numerical, and field approaches to bridge the gap in
knowledge on magma and fluids. We also welcome studies of high-temperature
fluidâ??rock interaction.

With kind regards,

Elisabetta Rampone, Fabrice Gaillard, Monika Rusiecka, Francois Holtz, and
Olivier Bachmann

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1