IAVCEI Workshop: Modelling volatile behavior in magmas

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Ery Hughes <e.hughes@xxxxxxxxxx>

Kia ora koutou,

Weâ??re holding a workshop at IAVCEI 2023 on â??Modelling volatile behavior in
magmasâ?? which aims to bring together experimentalists, numerical modellers,
and observational researchers with an interest in volatile solubility in
magmas. The workshop will be Sunday 29th January 2023 08:00-16:00 New
Zealand Daylight Time (GMT+13: check your timezone here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dateful.com/time-zone-converter__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fBMhD48UXJ9h3Qk5gB6pMBJinWhTF5_WbioDBrcisLcctCYpXUfyRJ5LQ87uD84Cth6AhOhyr5H3FKPss5g$>
).

Through group discussions, model demonstrations, and keynote talks, we will
explore the current landscape and look for future directions. We will start
with a demonstration session of existing models and codes. There is
currently no benchmarking for such codes, so we will discuss options for a
benchmarking exercise and test datasets. This will be followed by
discussions on future directions, covering: (1) what are the experimental
gaps; (2) what do observational researchers need these codes to be able to
do; and (3) can we link monitoring needs to solubility outputs?

This workshop will be hybrid, with the opportunity for pre-submitted
talks/written work, and a summary of the workshop will be released
afterwards, with the opportunity for comment, to ensure as many people as
possible can participate. We would love you to attend, either remotely or
in person (and please forward on to anyone you think would like to come!).
More information, including how to sign up, can be found on the IAVCEI
website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/workshop-details__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fBMhD48UXJ9h3Qk5gB6pMBJinWhTF5_WbioDBrcisLcctCYpXUfyRJ5LQ87uD84Cth6AhOhyr5H3UJlGZqk$>
or
our webpage