ECR Research Symposium November 8/9 - IAVCEI Commission on Submarine Volcanism

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: IAVCEI Submarine Volcanism <submarine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear volcanology community,

We are very excited to announce our first major networking and research
event for our members: our submarine volcanism *Early Career Researcher
Symposium*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iavceivolcano.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b2a4ed7b3850151e456ed5a3b&id=763ceb8569&e=acf6203964__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Y9iI8DdD0vlFI8fyLYXYfHoLqdHikWqzkwLb3H7kSNOIAaAXParpz53xl3dzPtWl9D33YY-2C1TFZybgxaSZZcg$>
!

*Whether your interests are in:*
Submarine physical volcanology, igneous petrology and geochemistry,
water-magma interactions, volcanic hazards and impacts, remote sensing,
hydrothermal vents, or oceanography, marine ecology, marine geophysics,
outreach and education, technology, data and computing relating to marine
volcanism, *ALL are welcome to participate*!

One of our goals as an IAVCEI Commission is to build a global community for
our ECRs that enables them to interact, collaborate, build networks, and
access career development opportunities. We will be hosting a 2 day event
including plenary talks from leaders in the field, ECR research and
lightning talks, and a social/networking event to allow you all to interact
from across the world.

*What you need to know:*

   - Held *over all time zones* *in two online sessions*: Nov 8th
   16:00-19:00 UTC (Atlantic), and Nov 9th 01:00-04:00 UTC (Pacific). We may
   add extra sessions the following day depending on interest.
   - You need to have *paid your **IAVCEI membership fees*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iavceivolcano.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b2a4ed7b3850151e456ed5a3b&id=7e5c181e27&e=acf6203964__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Y9iI8DdD0vlFI8fyLYXYfHoLqdHikWqzkwLb3H7kSNOIAaAXParpz53xl3dzPtWl9D33YY-2C1TFZybgoR416q8$>
    to participate (do reach out to us if you have extenuating financial
   circumstances). Everything else associated with this *event is FREE*.
   - *ECRs can be anyone* from undergraduates, masters and PhD students,
   postdocs, to early career professionals and educators associated with the
   world of marine volcanism.
   - ECRs have *a choice of* either 1) live online *10 minute research*/topic
   presentations, or 2) a *2 minute lightning* talk. Research talks can be
   pre-recorded if desired.
   - Our *plenary speakers* will begin each session highlighting recent
   advances and discoveries in our field, along with a welcome from the CoSV
   committee.
   - Each session (Atlantic and Pacific) will be followed by a *1 hour
   social/networking event* where you can talk with a small group of career
   mentors.
   - *Attendance is welcome to ALL* in our field, not just our ECRs.
   However, our presentations focus will be to highlight the ongoing work of
   our CoSV ECRs. So please share amongst your networks and research groups.

For now, you just need to *register your interest
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/gnUbWHrsRBznKPKD9__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Y9iI8DdD0vlFI8fyLYXYfHoLqdHikWqzkwLb3H7kSNOIAaAXParpz53xl3dzPtWl9D33YY-2C1TFZybgOrgYQjU$>*
 (to present or attend) in the attached form below as soon as possible - to
give us an idea of numbers, and *forward to anyone it might be of interest
to*!

We look forward to meeting you all soon!

*IAVCEI Commission on Submarine Volcanism Committee*
*https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://submarine.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cz2MobVBbv1yePnzuvRo6ZYgnVGJd-WT83LOe-6auyaMsV9d1mkvI0JFzmUEkHpyxXuBsuAbaIxcI2mO$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://submarine.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Y9iI8DdD0vlFI8fyLYXYfHoLqdHikWqzkwLb3H7kSNOIAaAXParpz53xl3dzPtWl9D33YY-2C1TFZybggXE00gA$>
*
*https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/IAVCEIsubmarine__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cz2MobVBbv1yePnzuvRo6ZYgnVGJd-WT83LOe-6auyaMsV9d1mkvI0JFzmUEkHpyxXuBsuAbaJd3tRDw$   *