Postdoctoral researcher in high-resolution geochemistry at The University of Queensland, Australia

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Teresa Ubide <teresaubide@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to recruit an outstanding post-doctoral researcher
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.seek.com.au/job/58600879?type=standout__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bQMV2I6JHfzb1af-Eg7LQHqD9o9z0IOJTsdt7mMbdsi2AIvm_Jk1eM1OqwHBcW9k_1aI5kD5SKj6TwdkOmQ$>
optimise high-resolution analysis of Sr-isotopes via laser ablation
multi-collector mass spectrometry (LA-MC-ICP-MS) on a range of igneous
minerals, to investigate magmatic processes leading to accumulation of
critical minerals. We are looking for a PhD holder interested in high
resolution geochemistry, with experience in laser ablation mass
spectrometry. Experience with multi-collector mass spectrometry is
desirable.

The post-doc will join my magmatic geochemistry team at The University of
Queensland School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sees.uq.edu.au/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bQMV2I6JHfzb1af-Eg7LQHqD9o9z0IOJTsdt7mMbdsi2AIvm_Jk1eM1OqwHBcW9k_1aI5kD5SKj6vJGw394$>.
We are a super motivated and rapidly growing team with outstanding
analytical capacity at the RIF lab
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sees.uq.edu.au/research/facilities/radiogenic-isotope-facility__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bQMV2I6JHfzb1af-Eg7LQHqD9o9z0IOJTsdt7mMbdsi2AIvm_Jk1eM1OqwHBcW9k_1aI5kD5SKj6UXc1RDs$>,
including two laser systems, two Q-ICPMS, two MC-ICP-MS and a new
sector-field ICP-MS. This is a full-time, fixed-term position funded by
AuScope
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.auscope.org.au/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bQMV2I6JHfzb1af-Eg7LQHqD9o9z0IOJTsdt7mMbdsi2AIvm_Jk1eM1OqwHBcW9k_1aI5kD5SKj6DCHcCRo$>
 for up to 12 months at Academic Level A, with a possibility of extension
upon funding availability.

Applications close on 25th October, and interviews of shortlisted
candidates will be held in mid-late November. The successful candidate will
start as soon as possible, by early 2024.

Please circulate to potential candidates. Thank you very much!

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5