Call for Abstracts--"Women in Volcanology" collection for Frontiers in Earth Science

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Séverine Moune <severine.moune@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

Please, consider submitting an abstract to a collection of articles that we
are trying to put together on the topic "Women in Volcanology". The
articles are to appear open access in Frontiers in Earth Science. Options
will be available to reduce or cover APCs. You can find more info about the
collection here:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/31620/women-in-science-volcanology-2022__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fEwBKCl9A8IqUvvAjRDRt7PZ9ROJY73MZeauJ2z718AQrNufDnJcjuJ09JhgQlsjjCCROFzEWgMg0At9$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/31620/women-in-science-volcanology-2022__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!IWx0AGivSpt7K9ycCQrzeePBf_uAHrPLllF1v89ASrPsjluNFqwOzvkgSrXCqBL5joqJxMqcDNE$>

 There you can find a link to participate, as well as info on deadlines. *The
deadlines for abstracts have been extended to end of November 2022 and for
manuscripts to the 15th of January 2023*, and there still may be some
flexibility.

 I hope you consider participating in this collection. We intent to
highlight and celebrate the diversity of research performed by women across
the entire breadth of volcanology including disciplines such as
geochemistry, igneous and experimental petrology, geophysics, computational
modeling, atmospheric sciences, monitoring and forecasting, social
sciences, hazard and risk assessment/management, assessment of human and
animal health effects, epidemiology, clinical studies, toxicology and risk
communication.

We also welcome a range of article types including Original Research,
Methods, and Review articles, as well as Policy and Practice reviews,
Hypothesis and Theory, Perspective and Opinion articles. We particularly
welcome articles reflecting on career pathways, highlights, obstacles and
how these were overcome. For these kinds of career retrospective articles:
the format â??Opinionâ?? or â??Perspective' articles will be the most appropriate.

(for further information
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/earth-science*article-types__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fEwBKCl9A8IqUvvAjRDRt7PZ9ROJY73MZeauJ2z718AQrNufDnJcjuJ09JhgQlsjjCCROFzEWq_eeEaG$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/earth-science*article-types__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fy0KoU1x1wZ0NvsBRZAyvz6Z0heG7X4o2I5C7YMXQZKlBG8F0n0KFMXa8lFBOgZs8d6GVk7xfV8SC10waTTGQI_unHJ11Y1UyX8$>
).

APCs and Fee support options exist. Do not hesitate to contact us about
that.

Also, feel free to pass on this information to anyone else who you think
might be interested in your laboratory.

Meanwhile take care,

All the best,

Séverine Moune, Susanna Jenkins, Anja Schmidt, Carol Stewart

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3