IAVCEI 2023 session: Volatiles and metals in volcanic systems

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Swetha Venugopal <svenugopal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

As the abstract deadline for the 2023 IAVCEI conference approaches, we
would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our session entitled
"*Volatiles
and metals in volcanic systems: constraining their behaviour and processes
between magma at depth, gas emissions and ore deposition*" which can be
found under the theme "*Volatile influences on eruption style, degassing,
atmospheric chemistry and climate"*

*Session Outline*
The chemical and isotopic systematics of fluid discharges from active
volcano-hydrothermal systems are powerful tools for investigating
hydrogeology, temperature, pressure and redox conditions of volcanic and
geothermal systems. The utility of fluid and gas geochemistry spans a wide
array of applications, from understanding the source of geothermal systems,
investigating the controls on ore formation, and as an early indicator of
volcanic unrest.

The goal of this session is to bring together scientists from a broad range
of disciplines (e.g. experimental petrology, economic geology, melt
inclusion studies, volcano-gas and geothermal fluid geochemistry) to
elucidate processes of mass and energy transfer in active
volcano/magma-hydrothermal systems with implications for hazards,
geothermal and mineral exploration. We particularly invite discussion on
how to improve volatile budget estimations, advancements in volatile
analysis, constraining the behaviour of volatiles at depth, as well as
transport of major and metallic elements between magma, gas and ore
deposition.

Abstract submission deadline is September 2, 2022
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/scientific-symposia__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Z3ZBq5bswHIFTsw7viKdZc2goXvLlERdrXK3RQsvyAQtLWPvy8nxPdGeZ-thuLjz4itMsEscFDiAN6YN$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/scientific-symposia__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fiwLrBdbJu1u8PBEy1DVE-WuhtKHVH10upM4dBC8j3tgPSYy9FqR3QG2tp3DvP_HuNfk4vVEKKwOgKuiFQ2DYHE$>

We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in New Zealand!

Swetha Venugopal, Severine Moune, and Geoff Kilgour

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1